princess genevieve

mercredi, mai 12, 2004

Happy Birthday to me

Today is my 29th birthday. I've decided to make the 29th year all about making changes. There's a lot of things I'm not so happy with right now, but I figure I want to spend the last year of my 20s implementing changes so that I can start a new decade next year happy and fresh. I hope this plan works!

The week is a whole long birthday celebration. Last night Katy took me to see Mean Girls, which I loved. Tonight I'm going to dinner with Alison & Rebeccah. Saturday is my bowling birthday party. I wanted to do roller skating but I don't think they let you drink and skate, so we're going duckpin bowling.

And in case you were wondering, here's what happened on my birthday in 1938:

Robin Hood premieres

The Adventures of Robin Hood, starring Errol Flynn, Basil Rathbone, and Olivia De Havilland, premieres at New York's Radio City Music Hall. The movie cost $2 million, an extraordinarily large budget at the time.

Thanks to the History Channel for that little tidbit.