princess genevieve

vendredi, janvier 14, 2005

Bye Bye WHFS

On Wednesday, former great radio station WHFS turned into a Spanish-language station. I'd pretty much given up on HFS, because they had stopped playing indie music and switched to "alternative," but still. It's like bye bye part of my high school career.

A lot of people in Washington are really upset about it. I'm wondering, though, how many people are upset for nostalgic reasons, like me, because they had stopped listening, and how many people are upset because they're losing their favorite radio station. There was even a story about it on NPR this morning. So I guess it's national news now.

Things move on, times change, I know. But still. There's not a lot of old school local things left in Washington. No more Q107, no more HFS. It's sad.