princess genevieve

lundi, janvier 03, 2005

Happy New Year

Hope everyone had a good New Year's celebration, or whatever you did.

I went to Safeway yesterday. The one by my house, the one I can walk to. I go in there a lot, because it's convenient, but let me tell you, I don't really like it. They have taken care of the flies on the fruit problem, or maybe the weather did that for them, but there are still plenty of problems. The lines are always long. Whatever's on sale? Yeah, they don't have it. Just huge holes on the shelves where said sale item used to be. Yesterday, they were out of bread and milk, and it's like 60 degrees, so it can't be that there's a snow rush on these items.

Here's my other complaint, but this one's not really Safeway's fault. The shelves are too tall. I am short. If I need something on a top shelf, unless it's right in the front, I can't reach it. Yesterday some nice man took pity on the stand on my tiptoes still can't reach what I need thing I had going on, and helped me. He said, "Sometimes it helps to have long arms." Which I guess is true, but I think mostly, it helps to be taller than 5'2". sigh.

1 Comments:

At 1/04/2005 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

It's Jayne. I feel your pain as your 5'3 friend. Most of the time, it's a non issue, but every so often, we are reminded of our small stature.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home