princess genevieve

jeudi, décembre 09, 2004

Spanglish

I saw a preview of Spanglish last night. Ever since the first trailer I saw for this movie, I have been wanting to see it. The trailer made me cry. Even though I don't really like Adam Sandler, I was very excited for this movie.

Alas, things almost never live up to the hype in my head. The movie was good, don't get me wrong. I liked it, I even didn't mind Adam Sandler. I thought the story was well done. I was interested in what was going to happen next. But I didn't cry (despite my previous tears at the trailer). I guess I was expecting great, and got very good.

I'd still recommend this movie. If you've seen the trailer, and think you will like it, you probably will. I will say I wasn't happy with the ending, but come back to me once you've seen the movie and I'll tell you why. I don't want to spoil it for anyone.