princess genevieve

lundi, décembre 13, 2004

A Broadway Christmas Carol

I can't think of anything exciting to write about today, so I'll write about A Broadway Christmas Carol, which Mandy & I saw on Friday night.

It was, in a word, hilarious. I think to appreciate some of the humor you have to live in Washington or Montgomery County, MD. I think you wouldn't get all the jokes if you didn't. But for the most part, everyone would understand it.

It's three main actors and three "apprentice" actors, playing all the parts in the Christmas Carol story. So they switch around a lot, obviously. Then they take Broadway songs that everyone knows (mostly, there were a few that neither Mandy nor I knew) and change the words to fit the story.

And oh, by the way, I'm going to Ireland in January! Yay!