princess genevieve

lundi, août 20, 2007

My Favorite Game

I have always enjoyed a good game of "guess how old I am." I always surprise people with my real age, my whole life. When I was 16 people thought I was about 12. When I was 21 people thought I was 16.

Although, to be honest, I only liked this when it was the game. Any other time I would get super offended that I was 16 and people thought I was 12. Or that I was 28 and still getting carded. Or that people thought my sisters and I were triplets. Triplets! I am 2 and 4 years older than them! I can't help it if they grew taller than me practically from infancy.

But this weekend, in Dublin, Elizabeth and I met this Irish guy called Declan in a pub. Who put my age at 20, and only believed my real age (32, mind you) when I offered to show him proof.

20. Seriously.

Maybe I should move to Ireland.

(pictures... what few I took... coming later, maybe this weekend.)

Libellés : , ,

8 Comments:

At 8/20/2007 2:07 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Same exact story here!

 
At 8/20/2007 4:13 PM, Blogger Mama said...

Take it from me - you L-O-V-E it when you are 41 and everyone thinks you are in your late 20's or early 30's!

 
At 8/20/2007 7:25 PM, Blogger BatGirl said...

I can totally sympathize with you . . . I'm almost 30 and get carded for Rated R movies. They don't think I'm 18?!?!?!?

 
At 8/21/2007 2:19 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

I get this too - most people pick me as early/mid 20s. The only time it's been a negative was once at work where I was seconded into a project where the girl (she can't have been more than 2 yrs older than me) running the show looked me up and down and asked "so when did you graduate?" with the definite implication that I didn't look old enough to have any idea what I was doing. She warmed up a bit when I told her 4 years ago, but only a bit.

 
At 8/21/2007 2:21 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

such a nice Irish name - Declan...

 
At 8/22/2007 11:12 AM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I think that's great because a male co-worker of mine asked me back in May if I had just turned 38. In all seriousness. I wanted to deck him!

 
At 8/23/2007 12:33 AM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

i get the same thing and everyone tells me that one day i'll enjoy it. well, i don't really want to look like an old hag, but i don't want people to think i'm an immature, green around the ears, kiddo either. when i was pregnant i was terrified that someone would think i was a teen mother. i think i've aged a decade in the last year though since no one thinks i'm 21 anymore. darn kids.

 
At 8/23/2007 8:33 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Sarah, people did think my friend Courtney was a teen mom - no one asked her how old she was, but they did ask her things like "so... how long have you been married?" trying to figure out how old she was. (she was 26 and had been married for 4 years when she was pregnant... young, but not a teen mom!)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home