princess genevieve

lundi, juin 07, 2004

Give a hoot, don't pollute

This morning while I was waiting for the bus, I saw the most amazing thing. This older man dropped a cupcake wrapper on the ground (on purpose). Sadly, that is not so amazing. I see that all the time, and it makes me mad. The amazing part was then this girl came up to the man and said, "You dropped some litter. There's a trash can right over there." And the man said, "Oh. Thank you." And she said, "Sure, but I think it's still on the ground." And then he said thanks again, and actually picked up his litter and put it in the garbage.

I was proud of that girl who I don't even know, for having the courage to tell someone they are being a litter bug. I mean, it's something I'd want to do, and I've thought about doing, but I don't.