princess genevieve

lundi, juin 21, 2004

Scooter Boys

Saturday was a good day. Saturday afternoon, I went with Alison to see Looking for Victoria at the AFI Silver theatre. It was a fascinating documentary about one Argentinean girl who was kidnapped with her parents in 1978. She was released, but her parents weren't, and no one really knows what happened to them. She decided she wanted to find out, so she began asking her grandparents questions, asking her parents' friends questions, and just basically searching for any clues she could find. It was very sad and very moving. The director was there, and he was able to answer a few questions about Adriana's life since the documentary, which I found very enlightening.

Saturday night I went to an Indigo Girls concert with some friends, including my friend Matt who lives in Austin, but is in town for a conference for 2 weeks. I've seen the Indigo Girls live about a dozen times, and this show was pretty great, comparatively. They played for a couple hours, and even played Tangled Up in Blue, which I've only heard them play once before, and I love. Matt, unfortunately, kept jokingly yelling for them to play Scooter Boys, one of the not-great songs, and I think they heard him, because they said they were playing the song because of a request. Overall, a great show, but now that they've moved Closer to Fine to the middle of the set, it's hard to tell when it's really over!

2 Comments:

At 6/22/2004 12:20 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. I actually had a dream about you and Matt last night. Remind me to tell you about it.

 
At 6/22/2004 12:22 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

interesting... i'll email you...

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home