princess genevieve

lundi, juin 14, 2004

Crunch

Last night I was on the bus on my way over to Robin's house for dinner. It had already been a pretty eventful ride, with the passengers staging a revolt to get the bus driver to turn the air conditioning off. Then a particularly pungent woman got on the bus, and for three stops I think everyone was holding their breath.

We were in Georgetown when I heard the sirens. The bus driver pulled over to the side of the road, as he was supposed to. The ambulance drove by. The bus driver didn't move, because we were at a red light. Then I heard more sirens. A police car came speeding by on the left, and right underneath where I was sitting, smacked into the bus. People screamed. Which was unnecessary, I mean, the bus didn't flip over or anything, but whatever. The mirror of the cop car came off and bounced across Wisconsin Ave. We all had to get off the bus.

It was my first time going to Robin's new abode, so I thought, well, I'll just walk from here, it can't be that far. Um, I was wrong. It was far. And all uphill. Good thing it was overcast and not that hot so I wasn't all sweaty when I got there.

I love the bus, yo. Adventures abound.