princess genevieve

mardi, juin 08, 2004

Jelly Feet

I was in Nordstrom's last night with my dad. He was buying pants and shirts for his impending Euro trip, and I was looking at shoes. I saw lots of cute sandals that I may go back and purchase (well, one pair, at least, I probably don't need 10 pairs of black sandals) but I also saw something retro. And not retro in a good way (I'm normally all over retro, as anyone who has seen my kitchen can attest to.) Jelly shoes. I kid you not. They looked just like the pink jelly slip ons I had when I was 10. The ones that made your feet sweat and that my smart sister Leslie refused to wear. (I think they were too girly for her, but you know, plastic shoes + black concrete + New Orleans in July = TROUBLE.) The only difference between these new jellys and my circa 1985 version was that these actually had a little padding inside. I guess to soak up sweat, because trust me, it's necessary. Oh, and these cost $24.99. I'm not sure how much mine cost, since at age 10 I was not yet purchasing my own shoes, but I'm sure not more than $10. 80s, go back where you belong!