princess genevieve

mardi, septembre 14, 2004

Great idea!

I was just reading something on washingtonpost.com, and someone had a fabulous idea. He suggested that next Olympics, the District gets its own teams. Just like Puerto Rico. I think this is fantastic. We don't have the same rights as all other Americans who live in a state, just like Puerto Rico. Puerto Ricans, though, have advantages over us, namely 1. they don't pay federal income taxes and we do and 2. they at least got to vote on whether they wanted to become a state or not. And probably Congress isn't telling them what to do every two seconds, but I'm not really sure about that.

So there it is. I'd be willing to learn some kind of sport in furtherance of this effort. Maybe archery? Nothing involving running.

5 Comments:

At 9/14/2004 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

hey, it's me, jayne. couldn't remember my user name (do i even have one?). i think you should take up target shooting with guns. just don't screw up like the guy in the olympics and shoot the wrong target.

 
At 9/14/2004 4:45 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, hum. Not too sure about target shooting. I've never shot a gun of any kind, but I have shot a bow & arrow (at camp).

 
At 9/15/2004 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

You dont know me however I found you on a random search online... my name is Genevieve as well... a 22 year old living in Florida and working at a tv station... So neat to find someone else who has the same name as me! :) Rock on!

 
At 9/16/2004 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

it's me again (jayne)...hilarious about all the random people named genevieve posting comments!

 
At 9/16/2004 11:15 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Hi Genevieve! And all the Genevieves in the world! Welcome!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home