princess genevieve

mercredi, août 25, 2004

Satan in our Midst

Last night I went to a preview of a British movie called Shaun of the Dead. It's a romantic comedy. With zombies. It was fantastic. I laughed and laughed, as did my friend Christina and pretty much everyone else in the theatre.

Possibly the funniest thing, though, wasn't part of the movie. The director and the two lead actors were at our screening to do a question and answer session after the movie. So they did a little introduction beforehand. They were talking about how they just got in from London and they were looking forward to touring Washington. And then the director says, "but not like the museums and stuff. I have 3 words: The. Exorcist. Stairs." One of the actors then agrees, and says, "yeah, you guys live in the same town as Satan." Everyone starts to laugh and clap, and he realizes what he said. So then he says, "and I don't mean your president. Or maybe I do..."