princess genevieve

lundi, août 02, 2004

Agent Orange

So they raised the threat level to orange. Whatever that means. This color scheme is ridiculous. Orange to me means all the doors to my office are locked all the time and we have to show id if we walk past the security desk. It's a pain. And it doesn't make me feel safer or more secure, since I know that plenty of people get in to the building without a key.

I'm really disturbed by the "security" images I saw on the news this morning. Pulling over any rental truck and searching it. Police with machine guns (or whatever they are -- big guns. I don't know weaponry very well) in front of Citibank in New York. That does not make me feel safer. In fact it has the opposite effect of unnerving me. I don't know what we need to do to stay safe but with those big guns, I just imagine a mass shooting. I don't like feeling like we live in a war zone.

2 Comments:

At 8/04/2004 8:10 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I think this whole colored threat level mess is so ridiculous. Am I really going to be any more alert at orange than I was at yellow? Hell, no. It's just an attempt by Shrub, etc to make us feel like they are doing something to protect us.

 
At 8/05/2004 10:57 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Well, I don't know about you but I don't feel protected. I also don't like that they are encouraging us to report on our neighbors. Um, Soviet-style, anyone?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home