princess genevieve

mercredi, juin 30, 2004

Bus-mare

This morning, I tried to pay my bus fare with my SmarTrip card (an electronic card for bus and train fares.) When I scanned the card, nothing happened. The bus driver told me to scan it like "this." Which I had already done. Then she said, "well, your card must be broken." I said, "well, on the screen, it says, INSERTED $1.20." She said, "Yeah, because you need to insert $1.20." Um, the fare is now $1.25. I said, "it says inserTED." She finally realized that it was because the guy in front of me hadn't paid the whole fare. I don't think she realized what I was trying to point out, that is, something doesn't say past tense if it means present tense. She cleared his fare, and I was able to scan my card. And all she said after yelling at me for something that wasn't my fault was, "Oh, I guess you've paid now." Right.

2 Comments:

At 6/30/2004 7:50 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

What a pain! I'm glad I don't have to deal with all of that!

 
At 7/01/2004 11:32 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Yeah, even though I sometimes (Ok, quite often) have crazy bus stories, I actually really do love the bus. I hate driving in traffic. I like to be able to sit on the bus and read.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home