princess genevieve

vendredi, juin 25, 2004

Ethan Hawke got old

But Julie Delpy looks pretty much the same. I saw a preview last night for Before Sunset, the sequel to Before Sunrise. It was cute. The new movie is pretty much the same idea as the old -- 2 people meet, this time by maybe a little bit more than chance, and spend a day walking around a beautiful European city talking and connecting with each other. It's really interesting to see a sequel 9 years after the original, and I think they were able to do so much more with it because of the time gap. The ending, though, was a killer! The whole audience groaned.

When I was walking out of the theatre, this guy, who was missing a few teeth, said to me, "did you like that?" and I replied, "yeah, I did." He said, "Well, nothing really happened! There was no action. It was just talk talk talk." OK, dude, did you *see* the first movie? Nothing happened there either. That's kind of the point of these movies. It's just a love story, just a story about people connecting. Nothing happens and everything happens.