princess genevieve

lundi, juin 28, 2004

Metro raises fares again

But basically didn't tell anyone about it. This morning while I was watching the news, they said something about commuters having to pay more for trains & buses this morning. What! I thought, maybe they mean in Richmond? or Baltimore? But no, when I got to the bus, it cost $1.25 (up from $1.20) and apparently trains are now $1.35 (up from $1.20). I checked Metro's website when I got to work this morning, and it said that the fares were being raised for only the second time in 9 years. That's great, but the first time in 9 years was LAST YEAR. So really it's the second time in 2 years. And last year, it was a whole big thing, and everyone knew about it. This year, not so much. It's not like I'm going to stop taking the bus or the train; it's still cheaper. I just wish they'd had more notice.

2 Comments:

At 7/01/2004 1:38 PM, Blogger Robert said...

I'd heard something about Metro raising fares, but this latest hike went through pretty quickly. Was pretty surprised too to see the little yellow notices on the kiosks at the station.

Not like it affects me much since I ride Metro once in a blue moon. Ah the joys of living 25 minutes from work (by foot!).

 
At 7/01/2004 2:19 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

my favorite part of the fare hikes was that no one really knew about it! It was like top secret.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home