princess genevieve

mercredi, juillet 28, 2004

I'm such a sucker

I love bad tv.  I think I always have.  I remember when I was about 7 or 8 my mom told me I couldn't stay up late to watch a prime-time Flintsones special.  I told her I was going to run away.  (I didn't.)  I think I probably watch too much tv, but since I try to also read, walk a lot, listen to music, go out, etc, etc, I figure it's OK.

Tonight, Amish in the City, a new reality show, premieres on UPN.  I'm so going to tape it (Rachael is coming over for dinner tonight, so I can't watch when it's on.)  I find the Amish idea of a rumpspringa fascinating.  There was a Showtime movie about this phenomenon about 2 or 3 years ago, but I missed it.  I can't remember the name of it (if anyone does, please let me know!) so I can't figure out if it's on dvd or not.  I'm sure UPN will figure out some trashy thing to do with this show, but whatever, I'm at least going to watch the first episode. 

Does anyone else watch the Amazing Race? 

6 Comments:

At 7/28/2004 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

hi, gen, this is mario!

you have a cool website!

so when are you moving to louisiana?

 
At 7/28/2004 2:58 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Thanks, Mario! No move date has been set yet. I'll keep everyone posted.

 
At 7/29/2004 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

That Showtime documentary is called "Devil's Playground". I tried to tell you yesterday that I watched it on Tuesday night, but of course your im wasn't working. It was on Trio and I just checked and you can get it on Netflix. They actually used part of the footage from "Devil's Playground" last night in Amish in the City.

Leslie

 
At 7/29/2004 10:56 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Thanks! I ordered it on Netflix.

 
At 7/30/2004 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I wonder if they'll do cocaine on the show like the Amish were doing in the news a while ago.

Should be interesting!

--martha

 
At 7/30/2004 1:23 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

They seem a little bit too naive (at least so far) for coke habits, but perhaphs drinking?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home