princess genevieve

mardi, août 10, 2004

Friday

Friday, my office had some kind of threat. I'm not sure if it was a bomb threat or just a threat of fire. Either way it was scary. I was in a meeting on the thirteenth floor, and someone's blackberry went off. He stood up, and said, "We have to get out of here!" We all looked at him like he was insane. So he read, "We have received a call that the building will go up in flames in 10 minutes. This is NOT a drill." Once he said that, we all booked it out of there. I didn't have my stuff with me, since I was in a meeting. No phone, no wallet, no keys. I did, however, manage to grab a pen. Because, in an emergency, you really need to make sure you can write. I don't know what I was thinking!

We all ran down the stairs, and I kind of got separated from people I knew. Once we were outside, I didn't know what to do. I hadn't seen the email, so I didn't know there was a second line saying where to meet. I just followed the crowd, and it turns out we were regrouping near a public library about 2 blocks away. I found people I knew. I was counted by my floor "fire marshall." We stayed outside for a good hour and a half, two hours before they let us back in. Luckily there was no fire. But I was still nervous the rest of the day.

2 Comments:

At 8/10/2004 12:09 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Okay, that's scary. I'm glad everyone is okay. We had someone put a homemade bomb in one of our branch library bookdrops and it actually exploded. But no one was hurt.

 
At 8/10/2004 12:32 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Wow, a bomb in the library book drop! That's nuts.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home