princess genevieve

mercredi, novembre 30, 2005

Talent Show

Last night was a smorgasbord of talented friends. First, I went to Mandy's photography show. She's been taking a photography class at the USDA grad school (yes! The Department of Agriculture has a grad school) and last night they had their show. It was in a bar and each student set up their pictures on different parts of the wall. Then they each talked about what the pictures meant and how and where they were taken. Then, critiques were welcomed from the audience. One guy in the audience called Mandy's photos "brilliant." So, yay!

After that, I ventured out in the pouring rain to go see Robin's brother Peter dj in a sushi bar. Peter's been dj-ing for a while but this was the first time I've seen him spin, and he was great. Peter was like 8 when I first met him, so it's funny to see him playing dj, but I guess children do grow up.

I love it when people I know do cool things and invite me to come watch.