princess genevieve

lundi, novembre 21, 2005

You can come too!



Saturday, I went to meet Alison to go see the new Harry Potter movie. I decided to walk there. From my house to the theatre, it's probably about a 30 minute walk. The best part? The quickest way to go is to walk through the zoo.

I sometimes forget how nice it is to have a free zoo. I just strolled on in, and used the zoo as my own personal cut-through. It just so happened that prairie dogs, zebras, and a horse were on the cut-through route.

I was unable to see the pandas, though! No baby Butterstick viewings for me. Alison is obsessed with Tai Shon or whatever his real name is. I tried today to get the free tickets you need to see him to give to her, but they were all booked up. Rats. Maybe next time. I'd like to see that panda, too. He's so darn cute!

I also tried to take a more exciting picture for you, my loyal readers, besides the back entrance to the zoo, but my camera phone died right after this photo was taken.

9 Comments:

At 11/21/2005 7:07 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I saw the new Harry Potter. I thought it was good. Everyone says it was too long but I honestly didn't notice.

 
At 11/22/2005 9:44 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Being able to traipse through the zoo is great! I miss that since moving from St. Louis...

 
At 11/22/2005 10:25 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Amy, I didn't notice the movie being too long either. I think it was my favorite of the movies so far!

 
At 11/22/2005 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I wanted to get tickets for the panda for my mother, but alas, no luck. Haven't seen Harry Potter yet...I'm going to wait until the crowds die down, but people from the hospital went on Friday night. Most really liked it...one guy said it was okay. But they did go to the Melting Pot afterwards and everyone loved that!

 
At 11/22/2005 6:38 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

A free zoo - wow! Our zoo is great, but expensive. On the other hand, our national gallery is free (apart from the super dooper visiting special exhibits) which is great for popping in at lunchtime.
We've booked tickets to see Harry Potter on 2 Dec (it opens on 1 December here) - the previews look fantastic.

 
At 11/22/2005 9:14 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Paisley, we get a lot of stuff free in Washington, like the zoo and all the Smithsonian museums (National Gallery, history museums, air & space, etc) it's federal tax dollars at work! I forget when I visit other places that things like that aren't usually free. it's a benefit of living here for sure!

 
At 11/22/2005 9:15 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, and ps, I loved HP 4. I hope you like it too!

 
At 11/24/2005 8:24 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

We saw it last Sunday. We want to see it again. It's your fave, huh, Gen? I haven't decided. I feel like it's better than the third -- and goes back to the feel of the first two movies. In the third one, the singing and that weird frog and those shrunken HEADS! What were those about? Good lord.

Oh and yay zebras!

 
At 11/25/2005 9:25 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, I really liked it. I went in expecting an action movie, and that's pretty much what it was. I always thought that book would make the best movie, tho.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home