princess genevieve

mardi, novembre 15, 2005

20 Random Things

I'm it! Amie tagged me for the 20 random things meme. I'll try not to repeat my 100 things about me list.

1. I'm sitting at my desk eating cheese popcorn right now.
2. I'm spending Thanksgiving at my sister's house, in South Carolina. My mom thought it would be too hard to have Thanksgiving in New Orleans this year.
3. I love being tagged for memes.
4. My cousin is moving to Prague in January for a semester. I am going to try to go visit her. My sister may come too.
5. I can't wait for Scrubs to come back on the air. I heart Zach Braff.
6. My mom gave me her old sewing machine. I had it tuned up and I've made some pyjama pants and some curtains with it. I need more practice -- my button holes sucked!
7. I know 4 people who are having babies in May!
8. I want to be a Bollywood Movie Star for next Halloween. Or maybe for next Mardi Gras, depending on if I need a costume for that or not this year.
9. I think the Amazing Race sucks this season. I can't wait for it to be a racearoundtheworld again.
10. I'm currently considering going back to school, for library sciences.
11. It surprises people when I tell them I still want to move back to New Orleans, post-Katrina.
12. Last night I listened to the Showtunes channel on digital cable while I cleaned the kitchen.
13. I had red beans and rice last night for dinner, and I'm just now realizing that last night was Monday. Traditional red beans & rice night in New Orleans.
14. I have a package waiting for me at the post office. I know what it is, a dvd I ordered from amazon.ca. But for some reason, I have to pick it up in person. That means I won't get it until Saturday!
15. I made a doctor's appointment today. The first open appointment they had was December 16! I took it, but I'm hoping that my body spontaneously cures itself before then. I mean really.
16. I hate strawberry margaritas. Well, hum. Hate? I would still drink them if that's all there was. But I really dislike how sticky sweet they taste.
17. I am doing a reading for my friend Amy's wedding in July.
18. I have started my Christmas shopping! This weekend was the Junior League Christmas sale and I bought 4 people's presents. I hope they like them.
19. I just found out yesterday I need a cocktail dress for a Junior League Christmas party on December 9. More shopping. Boo.
20. When I was really little, I had 2 imaginary friends named Totio and Gotz. (at least, I think that's how they are spelled. I didn't really spell then.) We, along with my stuffed dog Baldy, took a pretend train ride to New Mexico.

8 Comments:

At 11/15/2005 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I agree that Amazing Race is horrible this season! I've more or less given up on watching it. They need to go back to pairs. I like strawberry margaritas, but only if they're made with tons of lime so that they're really tart and not sticky sweet.

 
At 11/15/2005 3:26 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I hope the Amazing Race people realize this season was an experiment gone awry. Even Phil looks bored by it!

I don't think I've had strawberry margaritas that weren't sticky sweet. I would probably like the ones that you like.

 
At 11/15/2005 3:41 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I never did learn to do a decent buttonhole. I finally got a machine that does them with the push of a button.

And a month to get a doctors appt?? Thats unacceptable! Specially if its for a illness and not a routine checkup or something.

Thanks for posting your list!

 
At 11/15/2005 3:45 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

The machine I have has these like buttonhole stencil things. I think I'm not using them right.

And yes, I know, a month is insane! I may try some other doctors and see if anyone can get me in there sooner. It's a dermatologist appointment, and I think sometimes they are really hard to get, for some reason. What if I had poison ivy?

 
At 11/15/2005 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

The one time I tried to make a dermatologist's appointment and Alabama, they told me it'd be 6 weeks. I had broken out in hives for 2 days that didn't go away, but they said there was no such thing as a derm emergency. So, I started myself on steroids, but what if I didn't have access to a veterinary pharmacy and someone to tell me what dose to take?!

 
At 11/15/2005 4:31 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

no such thing as a derm emergency? That's RIDICULOUS. I am allergic to poison ivy. I have had emergencies related to that where the doctor said "it's a good thing you came in today! This stuff's spreading like wildfire." (not fun) Also, skin cancer? Can kill people. That is an emergency.

 
At 11/15/2005 11:14 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Oh, the dermatologist! *eye roll* Once, I had to wait 3 months to get a mole checked.

When my third son was 4 months he had extremely bad eczema all over his face and scalp, and we still had to wait six weeks! The derm said it was the worst eczema he had seen, thats how bad it was. He had so many open, oozing sores on his body that he could of got a staph infection and it could of been deadly. But thats still not an emergency I guess.

 
At 11/16/2005 10:05 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

3 months! That is insane!

That eczema sounds like an emergency to me, but I guess I'm not a doctor, so what do I know. I get eczema in the winter. It can be really painful, but mine has never gotten as bad as your son's was. That sounds terrible!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home