princess genevieve

lundi, octobre 31, 2005

I Heart NY

I went to New York this weekend to visit my friend Fatimah and 2 of my cousins, who have re-located to New York post-Katrina. I had a lot of fun, despite a 6 hour bus ride home last night. (It should only take 4!)

I met my cousins, Anne Yvette and Lee, on Saturday morning, and we had breakfast together, and then walked over to Lee's friend Betsey's house. Lee introduced us as "my cousins, Genevieve and Anne Yvette," and Betsey assumed Anne Yvette and I were sisters. She said she only has 2 cousins, one on each side, and so she forgets that some people have more cousins! (In case you're wondering, my dad, Lee's mom, and Anne Yvette's mom are siblings. And the siblings have another sister, too.)

We stumbled upon a street fair, where I got a crepe with mushrooms and cheese and Lee got a taquito. I think it was the Gay and Lesbian independent Democrats street fair.

Saturday night, Fatimah & I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and looked at drawings by Van Gogh and Egyptian art. Then we went to see Good Night and Good Luck. I fell asleep in the movie. Hey, it was late, the movie was a little slow, and I was really tired. But the sound was off in the movie, so we got coupons for a free movie in the future. We also have the same theatre chain in Washington, so yay! At least I didn't pay to sleep through the movie.

Sunday, I met up with Anne Yvette for lunch, and then I got on the bus for the looooong journey home. The bus is cheap, but not always convenient.

1 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 4:13 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Glad to hear you had fun. I heart NY as well!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home