princess genevieve

jeudi, octobre 27, 2005

Surprisingly,

things will catch on fire if you hold a lit candle under them. This morning, I was watching the Today show, and there was a commercial in between Maria Shriver and the kid who re-enacted Star Wars for our local 5:00 news. The commercial was for HALLOWEEN COSTUMES: SAFE OR NOT!?! and showed a reporter holding a candle up to a costume and the thing going up in flames. Um, seriously? Apparently, flame retardant costumes will still catch on fire if you light them on fire.

Which kind of got me thinking. I mean, I never had a flame retardant costume, yet, here I stand, never once having caught on fire. My parents always made my costumes. You could tell who had made them because my mom always sewed our costumes and my dad always made them out of boxes. Guess whose turn it was in my fifth grade year?

5 Comments:

At 10/27/2005 12:27 PM, Blogger nabbalicious said...

Funniest, most awesome custume EVER! I love it.

 
At 10/27/2005 1:15 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks! You should've seen the year I was a box of Cheerios and my sister was a book ("My Friend the Vampire", to be precise)

 
At 10/27/2005 7:47 PM, Anonymous jayne said...

LOVE the costume...go Papa Moreland!

 
At 10/28/2005 12:42 PM, Blogger Reuss said...

There was an article on the news here a few months back about some girl who'd got her gypsy-style skirt caught on fire, complete with demonstration that setting fire to a gypsy-style skirt causes it to burn! *sigh*

 
At 10/28/2005 12:45 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Jayne, I'm sure Papa will be pleased to hear your accolades!

Bryony, do the reporters think their viewers are just plain dumb? that is ridiculous!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home