princess genevieve

vendredi, octobre 21, 2005

Some Etiquette Tips by Genevieve

1. If you are on public transportation, and you are sitting very close to someone, and seats open up, you should move. Especially if your wet raincoat is pressed against my leg, and I am trapped by the window.

2. Don't bring a baby to a movie. That's what sitters are for.

3. Don't check your voicemail during a movie, or email on your blackberry. That's what hallways are for.

4. Is it really necessary to leave 10 minutes before the movie ends, en masse? That's just weird. Afraid there will be a rush to the train or the parking garage? It's not a concert, so chances of getting stuck in the dreaded parking lot exit shuffle are slim to none.

3 Comments:

At 10/21/2005 4:23 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

You know, every one of those makes perfect sense to me except the first one. Granted, I don't take public transport much but when I ride the bus, I usually worry that if I get up and move that the person next to me might take it personally. Like I'm uncomfortable sitting next to them for some reason. I guess it's just my own neurosis.

 
At 10/21/2005 4:35 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I say get up & move. If you're moving to an empty seat, the person will know why you're doing it. Now, if the bus is crowded and you're moving to share another seat, that's a different story. But the way I see it, I don't really care what the other person thinks... I will probably never see them again. (well, not strictly true, as I do see many of the same people on the bus every morning, but you get the idea)

 
At 10/21/2005 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

you're SOOOO right.
babies in a movie theater !!! come on !!

and your Mom is right too ;o)

did you start your sarcf yet ?
you might receive yours soon...

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home