princess genevieve

mercredi, octobre 26, 2005

It's getting colder!

Yesterday, when I left for work, it wasn't that cold. Maybe in the 50s. I was wearing a denim jacket and a skirt with tights. (and a shirt and shoes and stuff) I wasn't cold. Last night, when I left work, it was raining and cold and suddenly, I was freezing! I met Jayne for dinner, and luckily, she was able to lend me gloves and a scarf, or I might have frozen to death on the metro platform. (OK, that's actually doubtful, seeing as how it was only in the 40s, but still! It was damn cold! and wet!)

I don't know if they've turned on the heat in my building yet. I don't use my radiators much. It gets really, really hot with them on, and I'm on the top floor of the building, anyway, so I get everyone else's heat, too. I will occasionally turn on the one in the dining room, which is also helpful in drying wet laundry. More helpful than the fans I use in the summer, that's for sure. (I wish I had a dryer, but that's a different story)

I wore a coat today, and my own gloves. It's not raining anymore, but it's still chilly! I heard it snowed in western Maryland yesterday. I don't ever remember it snowing in October.

I wonder if this summer's crazy hurricane season was a harbinger of a crazy blizzard season. I really think the planet is trying to tell us something.

3 Comments:

At 10/26/2005 3:06 PM, Blogger Molly said...

We actually got a frost here in NC which is weird since it usually doesn't drop below 40 before the heart of the "cold" season in January. At least it is an excuse to wear a coat, I have many that I rarely get a chance to wear living in mild winter country.

 
At 10/27/2005 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

We got about 3 inches of snow on Tuesday! It's mostly gone now, but I was totally not ready for it.
--Erin

 
At 10/27/2005 9:47 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Molly, at least you got to wear a coat! There's thinking of the silver lining.

Erin, that's crazy! Did Ben have fun playing in the snow?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home