princess genevieve

vendredi, octobre 28, 2005

Excuse me, could you please tame your hair?

Remember in old cartoons, when someone (like, say, Woody Woodpecker) goes to a movie, there's always a woman with big hair or a guy with a tall hat on in front of our hero? I was totally Woody Woodpecker last night!

Katy, Mandy and I went to see a play at American University. I sat down, and there was a woman right in front of me (let's call her PUFFBALL) with very, very big, curly, puffy hair. I could tell I couldn't really see, but I didn't know what to do. Mandy offered to trade seats with me, since she's taller than me, which was super nice, but I didn't want her to not be able to see, too. (the hair was big, kids. You'd have to have been over 6' to have had a clear view around this stuff.)

About a quarter of the way into the first act, when I realized I could only see what was on stage right, no matter how straight I sat up, I moved and sat on the other side of Katy. Katy kind of had to lean into me whenever anything was on stage right, though, because she couldn't see around Puffball.

Puffball did not seem to notice she was blocking views. In fact, at one point, Puffball actually fluffed the hair.

Would it have been rude of me to have leaned forward and asked Puffball to pull the curls into a ponytail? 'Cause I almost did, but got nervous the ponytail would put my eye out or something, if it was on the back of her head. I guess asking for a side pony would be even more rude, not to mention weird. But funny... "Excuse me, Puffball? Your hair is too big. Can you please put it into a ponytail on the right side of your head?"

2 Comments:

At 11/01/2005 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

My friend Sean says that Jesus would have taken a page out of Moses book and "parted the hair".

 
At 11/01/2005 2:27 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

ohh, that Jesus (or Sean, as the case may be) is a smart one! Although I hope Jesus had some barrettes in his pocket... that stuff wouldn't've stayed parted on its own!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home