princess genevieve

vendredi, novembre 04, 2005

Why do I read?

I've been thinking about the blogs I read daily, and why I read each one of them. There are a few I read frequently that aren't on my blogroll. I should add them.

Some people, like Amy and Amélie, I read because they are my friends. I know them in real life! I knew them before I knew their blogs. Others, like Molly and Paisley, I met through their blogs. But I feel like I've become internet friends with them. And I enjoy reading about their lives and keeping up with them. It's fun making new friends, whether in person or online. I've gotten to know Bryony a little, since she was my secret pal 5. It's fun to finally know who she is and read about her life. Sill others, like Katia and Elisabeth, I read because they are English speakers living in France. That was me once, twice, whatever. It's fun to read their experiences, because I've had many similar ones. Some people I read, like Ben Lee, because I like his music. And it's really interesting to read about what leads him to creating the music. I got hooked on Nabbalicious through a mutual love of Ben Lee. I even met her at a Ben Lee show.

Then there's this whole other category of blogs. Blogs I read because the people have lives that are so completely different from mine and lives that I will never have. Like Amie, for example. She's married, has 4 children, and homeschools. I'm fairly certain I won't ever have her life, and I don't always agree with everything she says. But I enjoy reading about it, because she so obviously loves her life, and it's fun to read about someone who loves what she does.

And everyone else on the blogroll who I haven't mentioned? You're all on there for a reason. I love reading all of you.

For next week, I'm asking for audience participation. Does anyone have a question they want me to answer? A picture they want me to post? Leave a comment, and I'll do my best to get it up here!

6 Comments:

At 11/07/2005 1:17 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

Ben Lee's just won the best male artist at the ARIAs (Australian version of the Grammies) a couple of weeks ago - wearing a very fetching pale blue suit!
I'm curious to know how you discovered / when you started reading blogs - which ones did you cut your teeth on and what was the impetus (sp?) which pushed you put your own out there?

 
At 11/07/2005 10:12 AM, Blogger Amie said...

Thanks for reading my blog :D I think I am similar to you, as I read more bloggers who are totally different from me than similar (unless I know them IRL). I find that if I read somebody's blog who feels/does/lives exactly like m...its boring.

 
At 11/07/2005 10:43 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

hey Paisely, is Ben Lee like a superstar in Australia? People here don't really know who he is... he plays in pretty small venues (like last time I saw him, it was a 200 person club) which is cool, but I get the impression he plays in much bigger places in Australia.

 
At 11/08/2005 6:24 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Ben Lee isn't huge here - he's been a bit of sleeper really - he gets played on the more "indie" type radio stations, but the mainstream are just starting to pick up on him. He's been one of those people that most have heard of, but they couldn't hum any of his tunes. In some ways he was just as famous for being attached to Claire Danes for years (before she hooked up with Billy Crudup).

 
At 11/09/2005 4:15 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, that's about how he is here. if people ask me who he is, I generally say, "the one who dated Claire Danes" and they're like, "Oh, the Aussie rocker dude."

 
At 11/11/2005 3:33 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Awww! Thanks Genevieve! I'm glad you read and I consider you my friend as well! I always like to know what is going on with your life!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home