princess genevieve

dimanche, décembre 04, 2005

Adventures on the Bus, #12873



I'm at work this morning. As usual, I took the bus in. Sometimes on the weekends, I'll walk in, if the weather's nice. That takes about an hour. I didn't have time for that today. Sometimes on the weekends, I'll drive in. But I didn't feel like dealing with parking today. So I took the bus. Adventures abounded!

First, there was this guy who had a seriously hacking cough. He looked homeless, but that's just a speculation. He was coughing into a handkerchief. If I am found dead of tuberculosis one day, you'll know where I got it.

Then, our bus driver stopped the bus, hopped out, and announced, "I have to go to the bathroom!" He took the bus keys with him, which I'll say was a good idea. You just never know. I've often wondered when and where bus drivers use the bathroom, and now I know! They use the Cosi on the south side of Dupont Circle.

And yes, I realize that's a map of the train, not the bus, but it's the best I can do. It's all metro-run.

1 Comments:

At 12/05/2005 11:48 AM, Blogger Molly said...

That's totally random that the driver popped out to use the bathroom en route to your destination, but I guess when you have to go you have to go.

I am a total germophobe about people coughing. The guy behind me in line at the bank on Friday had a wet hacking cough and was standing WAY too close. (I was surprised my hair was not coated in phlegm!)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home