princess genevieve

mardi, février 06, 2007

Brrrrrr!

Baby, it's cold outside.

It's pretty much as cold as Washington ever gets. I know that's not as cold as other places are experiencing right now, but I have to say, 23F that feels like 9F with the wind chill (our current temp) is pretty cold.

This morning when I left, the actual air temperature, not counting wind chill, was 11F. I dressed myself carefully. I'm wearing a skirt today, with tights, but I added two additional layers. A layer of long underwear, and then a layer of track pants on top of that. Did I look ridiculous? You bet. Did I freeze to death? No, I did not. (I'm guessing the fact that there is a post at all today sort of gave that ending away) In addition, I had on the skirt and tights. (and shoes.) A shirt. A sweater. A coat, a hat, a scarf, and the chicken gloves, which are surprisingly warm.

I wanted to do this thing, where I would layer fingerless gloves and then put mittens on top. Maybe tomorrow. I didn't have time to dig all that up this morning.

Of course, they have the heat cranked up in the office, so it's kind of warm in here. And dry. I am missing the humidity!

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 2/06/2007 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Proof that Washington really is a Southern town--so cute that 23 degree weather is blogable. :) And although I am laughing, and although it's been below 5 degrees here for the past few days, I also sympathise. Because really, anything below 30 is just too cold.

 
At 2/06/2007 2:57 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

this is what I'm saying - I know, compared to what you've got, or what Amie's got in Michigan, we're like freakin' Florida or something. But it's cold for us!

 
At 2/06/2007 3:24 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Brrr! We're pretty lucky. It's around 60 here.

I want to make some fingerless gloves. Know any good patterns?

 
At 2/06/2007 6:15 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I sure hope the Groundhog was right, because I am SO ready for some Spring (and my baby)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home