princess genevieve

mardi, janvier 30, 2007

Adventures on the Bus, #1242346356

Yes. There have been that many adventures on the bus.

Last night, I got to the bus stop just as the bus that goes closest to home was pulling away. It was cold, so I got on the next bus that came by, which (luckily) happened to be the bus that goes second closest to home.

All was normal. I was reading and listening to my iPod. When, all of a sudden, the bus that is supposed to turn right on 16th St drove right on past 16th St.

Pandemonium (and I do not use that word lightly!) ensued. People started yelling out. "WHERE are you going?" "You just passed 16th St!" "Are you going to go back to 16th St?" "Can you let me out here?"

And the driver started yelling at all the passengers! She said, "I KNOW I drove past 16th St! I KNOW MY DETOUR!"

That is the part that got me. "I know my detour." OK. So, then I pipe up. "WE don't know your detour!" Other passengers back me up. She opens the doors and invites people to get off. More questioning. "But, are you going to get back to 16th St?" She said yes, so everyone stayed put, including me.

But then, when we got closer to the next bus stop (not a stop for this bus, mind you) I saw the bus that goes closest to home. I asked if I could hop off there. Begrudgingly, she opened the door.

All this and I still made it home in under 30 minutes.

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 1/30/2007 2:50 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

Any idea if the bus actually went to 16th St. or not?

 
At 1/30/2007 2:53 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Nope, no idea. I got off at Farragut Square and she kept going straight down I St towards Foggy Bottom so...

 
At 1/30/2007 6:28 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

I guess bus-driving would be a pretty crap job - but it sounds like a little customer service announcement on her part would have made everyone's trip home just a little bit better.

 
At 1/31/2007 5:14 AM, Blogger Jay said...

What I want to know is: were any of the other passengers ever heard from again?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home