princess genevieve

jeudi, janvier 11, 2007

One of my Favorite Things

I love running in to people I know unexpectedly. I have had friends who absolutely hate it when this happens. They say it makes them nervous. Not me! I think it's fun.

I wonder if this is because of my aunt, who lives in New Orleans. (well, in a suburb) Every time I go anywhere with Gigi, she sees someone she knows. I make fun of her for it but secretly I think it's really really cool. One time, she called to order po boys for us for dinner, and about halfway through the order, she says, "Is this so-and-so? Hey! It's Gigi!" and I just started laughing. She even knows the guy who takes phone orders! She defended this by saying, "but he's my po boy guy!" I don't know about the rest of you, but I generally don't know the people who answer the phone at either my pizza place or my Chinese take out place.

Anyway. Last night, on my way to book club, I was riding down the escalator at Columbia Heights Metro, when someone yells out my name. It was my friend Rebeccah! She was riding the escalator up, so we had a brief in-escalator-passing conversation.

Libellés :

3 Comments:

At 1/11/2007 12:21 PM, Blogger Amie said...

To me, it all depends on who it is that you run into.

I grew up in a VERY small town where it would more strange not to run into somebody you know!

Once, while we were living in a different city for college (pretty far from our hometown), we ordered pizza. Imagine my surprise when we picked it up and the girl working was somebody who used to go to my high school!

 
At 1/11/2007 3:29 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

funny, Amie! I can't remember ever running in to someone from high school like that, but I do occasionally see people from high school around town here. (but I went to high school in a suburb of DC, so...)

 
At 1/13/2007 12:18 PM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

I love bumping into people from my past. I think the farthest flung this has happened was at a hostel in Belgium where I ran into a college friend who in turn simultaneously ran into a friend of his from high school also at the hostel. Small world! The only people I don't like to pump into unexpectedly are people from work.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home