princess genevieve

vendredi, décembre 29, 2006

Christmas!

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Mine was great! I arrived in New Orleans on Saturday, to discover that Southwest had lost my luggage. The luggage that contained all my Christmas presents. YAY!

So, I slept in my mom's pyjamas and opened a new toothbrush. In the morning, they located my bag, and delivered it to the house, along with a $100 travel voucher. My mom and my sister thought I should try to get my luggage lost more often. I say it's not worth the stress.

Christmas Eve, we had our family over for the annual family Christmas Eve party. We do one of those gift exchanges where everyone brings one gift and everyone leaves with one gift and you can steal other people's presents. I stole my cousin Lindsay's present, which was cocktail napkins and a cheese knife with fleur de lis on them. Loyal to cheese, that's me. (Don't feel bad for Lindsay. She stole someone else's Best Buy gift card.)

Christmas morning, my aunt came over and we opened presents and ate and didn't do a whole lot else. Took my dad's car for a spin to test out the new GPS system. I wound yarn on my very own yarn winder and my aunt taught my sister to crochet. (I still don't know how)

The next day, my dad, my sister, & I went over to my grandmother's house and cleaned out the attic. Well. I should say Amanda did most of the work. I am scared of heights and so me and going up into attics don't mix very well. I did more of the passing off, stacking up kind of work. Amanda had to deal with mouse poop and roaches.

My other sister arrived on Tuesday and we opened more presents. I came back to Washington on Wednesday. I'll be going back to New Orleans next Friday for my dad's 60th birthday. Hooray!

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 12/29/2006 2:17 PM, Blogger Amie said...

That sounds like such a nice Christmas! I really miss having family get togethers like that. My family used to play that game all the time, we call it "Dirty Girdy" LOL

 
At 12/29/2006 2:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lost luggage is a lot of stress and you feel helpless as there is not much you can do about it but sit and wait. Glad it arrived!

 
At 12/31/2006 1:34 PM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

Solidarity in Cheese!

 
At 12/31/2006 4:20 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Can that be our new slogan? It would look mighty nice on a flag...

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home