princess genevieve

mardi, décembre 12, 2006

I'm all ethical now and stuff

I spent most of my day today at a DC Bar ethics course. Well, the official title of the course is DC Bar Mandatory Course. That probably tells you how much I wanted to be there...

Once you are admitted to the DC Bar, you have 12 months to complete the course. I was sworn in in February, so of course I waited until the eleventh hour (eleventh month?) to do the course. There were over 400 participants today. I wonder how many of them had waited to the last minute like me!

Here are the pluses and minuses of the course:

Plus: They fed us breakfast, lunch, and snack.
Minus: The course cost $180, so that wasn't exactly free food.
Plus: My firm paid for me to attend the course, so it kind of WAS free food for me.
Minus: It was a snoozer.
Plus: I also got CLE credit for Louisiana.
Minus: It was boring.
Plus: ummmmm...
Minus: It was boring.
Minus: It was boring.
Minus: It was boring.

Back to work tomorrow!

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 12/12/2006 10:29 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

don't suppose they'd let you get away with knitting through the course?
CLE points are always a bonus though

 
At 12/13/2006 10:06 AM, Blogger Molly said...

It is probably a good idea to let the system corrupt you for 11 months THEN take the ethics class so you can get back to the side of justice *laugh*

Was the free food good?

 
At 12/13/2006 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

True, it was really boring, but now we can trust you.

 
At 12/15/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Paisley, I bet I could've gotten away with that - there were that many people there!

Molly, yes, the food was surprisingly good!

Rhea, yes, after a 6 hour course, I am now completely trustworthy.

And Mrs. M, true!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home