princess genevieve

lundi, décembre 11, 2006

Let's Go to the Movies

So, I was all set to write about how I saw a zillion movies over the weekend, when I realized, I really only saw 2 and a quarter. And one was only 45 minutes long!

That said, I will tell you about my 2 (and a quarter) movies. First, I went to a screening of an IMAX movie, Sharks 3D. They gave us a free gift, even! (a little box, sort of like a viewmaster, with a 3D shark inside.) (not a real shark. A photo of a shark.) Anyway, the movie was interesting, but definitely not the best IMAX movie I've ever seen.

Then, I went to see The Holiday. This movie was cute and a lot better than I thought it was going to be! I liked the Kate Winslet storyline better than the Cameron Diaz storyline. If you're looking for something to do one night, this one is worth seeing.

My quarter of a movie was the Japanese (original) version of Shall We Dance?. I put the dvd on and got in to bed. Then I realized the tv in my bedroom is only 13" big and I was having a bit of trouble reading the subtitles whilst laying in bed. But what I saw looked good! I will watch the rest of it this week.

Also... has anyone not been able to sign up for blogger beta? There was a link on my dashboard, but when I tried to sign up, it told me I couldn't!

Libellés : ,

8 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 5:35 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I think if you are a member of other blogs, it won't let you do the update because it would also affect the other ones.

 
At 12/11/2006 8:02 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

I want Blogger to give better information about the new beta version before I swap - like a screen dump tour or something. So I haven't tried upgrading yet.

 
At 12/11/2006 9:35 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I really liked the Richard Gere version of Shall We Dance, and I have been meaning to see the Japanese version. I hear it's better.

 
At 12/11/2006 11:23 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

hum. Amy, that makes sense but only to a degree. If I were a member of a blog, but not an administrator, it shouldn't affect that blog's settings because I wouldn't be able to change the settings. The only reason they gave me for not letting me sign up is one of my blogs was too large. If it's the team blog thing I wish they would just say that!

Paisley, yes, that would be nice. I read about some of the upgrades and I wanted to try them - I like the idea of being able to tag posts.

Amie, me too! That is why I got the Japanese version from netflix.

 
At 12/12/2006 11:47 AM, Blogger Molly said...

I want to see The Holiday. It looks like a good chick flick for December (and I think Jude Law is pretty hot)

I haven't tried the new beta version...I too wonder if I would really like it without trying it or seeing what exactly the features are going to be.

 
At 12/12/2006 5:32 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

Oh good! I'm glad you saw Holiday and liked it. I want to see that! Maybe this weekend. (But sigh that it's only Tuesday.)

 
At 12/12/2006 9:03 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Molly & Jas, you guys should see it! I think you will like it. And Jude Law is a hottie in this movie. (more than usual, methinks)

 
At 12/12/2006 10:28 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Jude Law MORE hot than usual? Not possible! He's superlatively hot always!
I've definitely got to see this one.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home