princess genevieve

mardi, novembre 21, 2006

It's Almost Thanksgiving!

Hooray, a short work week here in America, as we prepare to eat turkey and travel to be with our families and go to weddings. What's that, you say? You don't have a wedding to go to this weekend? I guess that's just me.

Tonight, I go home and pack. I'm thinking of also attempting to bake some cookies to take with me but I'm not sure; that might be overly ambitious on the eve-of-Thanksgiving-eve.

Tomorrow, I go to work for the whole day. And then around 6:30, I get on a train. That's right, I am riding the rails this Thanksgiving, all the way from Washington to Clemson, South Carolina. It takes 11 hours. I get in at 5:30 am. I hope no one expects me to be cheerful, what with a night of sleeping in a chair and all. Can you get jet lag if you a. don't fly anywhere and b. don't change time zones?

Then my family is driving to Kentucky, to go to the wedding of a family friend. I hope it's fun.

And THEN, my parents are driving me to Nashville, where I hop a flight home. Well, sort of home. To Baltimore, where my friend Courtney so kindly offered to pick me up. (I offered to baby-sit in exchange, but as they have a live-in houseguest right now, I don't know if my services will be needed.)

What are YOU doing for Thanksgiving? Or, hey, if you're not American, then, for the weekend?

Also? I made two hats. In one weekend! I know you are impressed.

Libellés :

2 Comments:

At 11/21/2006 5:44 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I can't remember, do you have family in South Carolina?

You have been making a lot of hats lately. Are "hats" the new "socks" for Princess Genevieve?

I wish I could crank things out like you do. Maybe when my knitting improves.

 
At 11/21/2006 11:00 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yep, my sister lives there.

Ah, I think socks are still the new sock for me... in fact, I have been working on a secret Christmas pair for someone, and I just started a new pair tonight to take on the train with me tomorrow. It's just a coincidence for the hats - Soaring Eagles asked for hats, and the Junior League thing, I did the hat because I had just done the same scarf for the scarf exchange.

you will get faster... and no worries, I've got heaps of unfinished projects. So I'm not really all that fast either! Goal for 2007: finish unfinished projects!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home