princess genevieve

lundi, novembre 13, 2006

And Much Wine was Consumed by All.

I went to visit my college friend, Matt, and his wife, Angela, this weekend. (see: title of this post.) They live in Rhinebeck, New York, which is about 90 minutes north of Manhattan by train. It's a very cute, pretty rural little place. The town itself has one stoplight, but there are somewhat bigger towns nearby.

I took the train up on Friday, and we ate dinner at home and drank wine. Saturday, after a somewhat late start followed by breakfast of bagels, cream cheese, and a special topping on the cream cheese, we made it out the door and on to Woodstock, where we ate pizza, did a little shopping, and no one bought anything. Then we went to a vineyard, where we paid $5 for 5 tastings, unless you wanted to taste something that was over $20 a bottle, in which case, it was $2 for that one tasting. Personally, I think paying for tastings is stupid. Does Baskin-Robbins charge you for those tiny pink spoonfuls of ice cream? No matter, we bought wine anyway, and then continued on to do a bit more shopping in New Paltz, where I did buy a few gifts. (Christmas shopping! Already! Can you believe me?)

Then we went out to dinner, where apparently, either Matt & Angela dine nightly, or, as is more likely, when you live in a small town, everyone knows you. They knew everyone in the joint. We ate dinner and um, drank wine.

Yesterday, I left somewhat early, and met my cousin Anne Yvette at Penn Station in Manhattan. We went out for lunch, and then she suggested getting a drink. I drank hot chocolate. I think I might be off the sauce for a bit.

Libellés :

3 Comments:

At 11/13/2006 6:08 PM, Blogger Amie said...

"Off the sauce" LOL Sounds like a fun weekend though.

 
At 11/13/2006 6:39 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

what a pity that you couldn't combine visiting your friends with going to the sheep & wool show a few weeks ago. I was so envious reading all the knit-bloggers reports on the Rhinebeck weekend.
Still - a weekend with friends drinking nice wine and eating good food is always an excellent activity.

 
At 11/13/2006 10:49 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Amie, it was!

P, I know... I mentioned something to them about the sheep & wool show and they were like, "um, how do you know about that?!?" they didn't realize it was FAMOUS. they wanted to know about the internet knitting world but I didn't want to scare them so I just gave them a bare-bones summary.

maybe I'll go up next year for that. (though, I don't think they'd want to go with me... they could drop me off & pick me up, maybe!)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home