princess genevieve

jeudi, octobre 26, 2006

Oh my Lucky Stars

Last night, my dad took me, Alexis, and Erika out to dinner, to a place called Tosca. It just happens that Alexis's husband, Massimo, is a chef. And he works at Tosca. And so we had an absolutely delicious meal, designed for us by Massimo. With wine pairings for each course. Here's what we ate:

1st course: smoked salmon tartare on little toasty points
2nd course: squash soup with amaretto and an amaretto cookie.
3rd course: scallop with mushrooms wrapped in leak
4th course: fois gras terrine
5th course: duck confit ravioli
6th course: black truffle risotto.
7th course: lamb cooked medium rare with fois gras mashed potatoes & artichokes
8th course: desserts... 4 different desserts to share. apple doughnuts with cinnamon gelato, chocolate molten cake, some other chocolate thing, and a granita, which tasted like frozen coffee.

Are you drooling yet? It was all delicious. If forced to chose a favorite course, I think I would go with the lamb, but it's a close call between that, the black truffle risotto, and the duck confit ravioli.

If you're one of my Washington readers, or if you ever come visit, I highly recommend this place. I'll go with you, even! They have a special pre-theatre menu, also, which is quite reasonably priced. Since I think most people cannot afford to eat like that every night!

Libellés :

2 Comments:

At 10/30/2006 3:30 AM, Blogger Jay said...

I just adore the way you describe food.

 
At 10/30/2006 10:02 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

that's quite a compliment, coming from you! I read that you are not without your talents in the kitchen...

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home