princess genevieve

mardi, octobre 24, 2006

Police Hoof It



Look what I saw the other day! Police horses, in my neighborhood. Ok, just one, and OK, he was on his way home. But still! A horse.

Also, I don't know if you can tell, but if you can, you'll notice the name of the police force on the side of the horse trailer is Metropolitan Police. Not District of Columbia Police or D.C. Police. If you're ever watching a movie or a tv show and they talk about the "D.C.P.D." or something like that, now you can be all cool and in the know and say, "No! That's wrong! It's the M.P.D.!"

Libellés :

2 Comments:

At 10/24/2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

We occasionally see police on horseback here - usually for parades though. But when I was living in the inner city my flat backed onto a laneway and I was quite bemused one day to see a police horse (with rider) go past my windows whilst out on patrol.
Police on bicycles seem to be making a come-back here too - except that now they're kitted out in cycle shorts and bike helmets.

 
At 10/25/2006 2:44 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I think I wouldn't be surprised to see police on horseback either at something like a parade, or downtown on the mall.

We've got bike cops, too, dressed same as yours. And also, I've seen some on Segway Human Transporters! That cracked me up - maybe I'll see that again soon & can take a photo.

What we don't ever see? Police walking the beat. No walkers!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home