princess genevieve

mardi, octobre 10, 2006

Who's Famous in Baltimore, You Ask?

John Waters, I answer. And that is exactly who we saw at dinner last night.

Erika & I drove up to Baltimore for an Indigo Girls concert last night, stopping first at Baltimore's "Classic" Penn Station to pick her friend Laura up from the train. And let me tell you, it's a good thing we had mapquested directions, 'cause we didn't get lost at all. No, not at all.

Does sarcasm come across in blogs? Because we DID get lost, several times. It's actually a good thing I have a pretty good sense of direction, or we might still be driving around Baltimore, hungry, tired, and looking for Laura.

Anyway, I had chosen a restaurant allegedly 2 blocks from the hall where the concert was. (I say allegedly, because even though their addresses were 2 blocks apart, it actually was more like 5 through some dodgy dark streets.) I didn't remember until we sat down that I had actually been to that restaurant before. Laura's reading the menu, and telling us a story. She suddenly stops mid-sentence, and is looking at something.

"John Waters!" she whispers. "I can't believe it! Right behind that tree!" (there were trees in the restaurant; I'm not sure why.)

Sure enough, it was him.

The concert? Oh, it was great.

And also, I made a scarf.

Libellés : ,

2 Comments:

At 10/10/2006 1:59 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I admit,I actually had to google John Waters.

Anyway, it sounds like you had a good time and thank goodness for a good sense of direction (something I certainly lack).

 
At 10/10/2006 2:06 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

that's OK! he's famous in Maryland, and if you follow the movie scene, but if not, it's not like he's Tom Cruise or something!

And yes, I am certainly glad to have a good sense of direction - it's come in handy on more than one occasion.

(though this time, I was wishing for a map. Sometimes Spidey Sense isn't enough...)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home