princess genevieve

mercredi, septembre 20, 2006

News

Does anyone else think it's odd that there's been a military coup in Thailand and it's hardly on the news at all? (At least in the US of A) This morning on the radio they were describing it as "calm." It's a military coup! It was calm?

In other news, now I really won't be drinking the District tap water. I already don't drink it because they found high levels of lead in it, which they got rid of by coating the pipes with some sort of chemical. Do I really want my stomach to be coated with a chemical to protect against lead? Not really. Anyway. Now they've discovered some male fish also carry eggs like female fish in the river. I'm imagining it looks a bit like the 3 eyed fish on The Simpsons. Since our water comes from the river, I'll be sticking with my bottled water.

3 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 10:12 AM, Blogger Molly said...

I know, all that I heard of the military coup was a breaking bews headline banner on CNN, that never updated with information. Crazy that it doesn't rate as important (i.e. full details) news here in the US.

I don't drink the tap water where I live either. Mostly because it smells like a chemical cocktail and NOT water.

 
At 9/20/2006 9:58 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

I guess "calm" in the sense that although it was a military coup, no blood has been spilt. The prime minister and few other senior government ministers were out of the country at the time and the king's role is remain completely apolitical. So who's going to argue with the chief general of the army?
We're getting a fair amount of press coverage here as it's a very popular holiday destination for Australians seeking exotic sandy beaches.

 
At 9/23/2006 10:51 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I wouldn't be drinking that water either! eek!!

I heard about the coup, but then again I read many non-mainstream news sites every day.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home