princess genevieve

mercredi, septembre 06, 2006

New York, New York


I went to New York this weekend, and despite issues with trains being late on both ends of the trip, it was fun. I stayed with my cousin, Anne Yvette, who lives on the same street that my friends Sarah & Cap used to live on, before they moved to California. So I know the neighborhood a little, which is nice. I'm able to suggest restaurants to go to!

Saturday night, I went to see Altar Boyz with Mandy & Debbie, who were also up for the weekend. It's an off-Broadway show about a Christian boy band, and it's really hilarious. Our seats were right in the front row, and twice the lead singer pointed me out of the audience, which made me a little nervous. I didn't want to get pulled up on stage! Luckily, I didn't. After the show, we met the actors who played Abraham and Juan, and they were both as nice as could be. Juan told me that he noticed me during the show, and said I looked like I was having fun. I was, but I'm not sure how I feel about being watched by the actors!

Sunday, we went to see Avenue Q, which is on Broadway and is a funny little adult take on Sesame Street. I've been listening to the music for forever, so it was nice to see how it all fits together. There were two characters I didn't even realize existed!

Sunday night, I had dinner with Anne Yvette and my friend Martha, who I've known since the 7th grade. We went to DuMont on my suggestion, and I had my favorite DuMont salad, which is so delicious. It's got green beans and Danish bleu cheese and lettuce and bacon and I want to just put it in my pocket and take it home. Except that would be messy and salad never keeps well. Then we went to a bar nearby, where they had a lot of beers listed, but the one I wanted to try (A Unibroue beer I hadn't ever heard of before, and when I just checked their website, it's not even listed anymore. I lovelovelove the Unibroue La Fin du Monde.) they had never tasted before. It was $15 and quite large, so I decided not to roll the dice on such an unknown. I ended up with a French raspberry thing that was described to me accurately as, "raspberry, but not a lambic."

Monday, Anne Yvette & I had a late brekkie, then I went to Martha's where she helped me with my homework. (a powerpoint presentation) Oh yes. I've got homework. Have I mentioned I'm back in school?

5 Comments:

At 9/06/2006 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I like your Times Square photo. I didn't know anyone else knew about La Fin du Monde! I discovered it when I lived in Michigan and I love it too (and I'm not a big beer drinker at all). It's hard to find around here, but was ubiquitous in Michigan...probably because we were so close to Canada.

 
At 9/06/2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Thanks!

Yes, I saw La Fin du Monde on a menu somewhere here in Washington, and I ordered it because I liked the name. and I love it... it is possibly my most favorite beer ever. I've liked the other Unibroue beers I've tried, too, but none as much as La Fin du Monde. I will order it almost any time it's on a menu.

 
At 9/06/2006 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Sounds like a great trip--I am particularly jealous of the theatering. So, what's this about schooling?

 
At 9/08/2006 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Ahhhhhhh.... New York. I'm going back the last week in October, just in time for the freezing cold weather. And for Halloween. Wow, $15 for a beer!? That must be an amazing brew.

 
At 9/08/2006 1:00 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Halloween in NY is fun! Are you going to go to the parade in the Village? I went to that one year.

And yeah, $15 for one beer. It *was* a larger than normal bottle, but that's a lot!!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home