princess genevieve

mercredi, août 23, 2006

Surviving Katrina



Last night, I went to a Tulane alumni event. Tulane events for me are a bit weird - I'm actually a member of two alumni associations, the law school's and the university's. This was a university event, and it was the first I've attended.

Anyway, it was at a restaurant called Acadiana, which is a place I really like. The Discovery Channel sponsored the event, to screen parts of their new documentary, Surviving Katrina. The parts we saw were well-done, and I'd recommend everyone watching it, if they can. It's going to be on Sunday night, 9:00 Eastern, on the Discovery Channel.

They gave us a copy of the show on DVD in our goody bags, so if anyone who doesn't get the Discovery Channel wants to see it, let me know. I can mail it to you after I've watched the whole thing.

The irony of watching a movie about a storm that destroyed people's lives, in a swanky restaurant with free food and wine, and coming home with a freakin' goody bag does not escape me.

2 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 3:06 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Hey, Trinity never gave us any goodie bags! But then, I haven't gone to a Trinity event in years.

I wouldn't mind seeing that DVD if you think it's good.

 
At 8/23/2006 3:13 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, I've never gotten a goody bag from a Trinity event, either. But I also haven't gone to one since I left New Orleans.

I'll send you the DVD when I'm done.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home