princess genevieve

mardi, août 08, 2006

Meme



Rebeccah and I went to the beach at Rehoboth, Delaware, on Sunday. This was the view from my beach chair. We had a lovely and relaxing day!

On a totally unrelated subject, here's another meme, this time courtesy of Amie.

1. The Book That Changed My Life - I think it must have been Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder, which I read in the first grade. Ever since, I've been unable to stop reading.

2. A Book I've Read More Than Once - Just one? Well, I'll give you more than one. All the Little House books, all the Anne of Green Gables books, and A Proud Taste for Scarlet & Miniver, by E.L. Konigsburg. Why do I mostly re-read children's books?

3. A Book I'd Want With Me on a Desert Island - I like Amie's suggestion of a survival manual, but I'd also want something entertaining, I think. I'm taking suggestions!

4. A Book That Made Me Laugh - David Sedaris makes me laugh out loud. Especially Me Talk Pretty One Day

5. A Book That Made Me Cry - The first book that made me cry was Where the Red Fern Grows, which I read for school in the sixth grade.

6. A Book I Wish Had Been Written - hum, this one's tough. I can't really think of anything right now.

7. A Book I Wish Had Never Been Written - the last book I remember disliking was The Hours. I finished it, but only because it's like 100 pages.

8. A Book I Am Currently Reading - Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin.

9. A Book I Am Meaning To Read - I've got a whole big stack on my nightstand and the floor around it. Some things that are in this stack include (but are not limited to): Freakonomics, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Looking for Alaska, Blood Meridian, Harry Potter et le Prisonnier d'Azkaban, and Prince Caspian (that last one's a re-read).

2 Comments:

At 8/08/2006 11:35 AM, Blogger Amie said...

I want to read Freakanomics. I have heard so much about it.

 
At 8/08/2006 11:41 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Rebeccah actually gave it to me for my birthday last year, and it's been in the to-be-read pile for that long! I hope to get to it soon. I have flipped through it and read the last chapter, the one on names, which was interesting.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home