princess genevieve

jeudi, août 03, 2006

Dear Princess, #4

A reader in Ottawa, Ontario, landed here by googling "spell Genevieve French." Wow, this one I love! One I can answer on my own! You spell Genevieve in French like this: Geneviève. Although since I don't have an accent on my name, whenever I have to tell someone in French my name to write, I always say, "Geneviève-sans-accent." And then they look at me like I'm crazy, because "Geneviève-sans-accent" is not Geneviève.

I also finished a pair of socks last night, and I have a photo and everything, but I can't get it to upload. Maybe tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 9:28 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

So in terms of pronounciation, would the e-grave add an extra syllable to the French version. ie: Gen-e-vi-ev instead of Gen-e-vieve?

 
At 8/04/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yes, exactly!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home