princess genevieve

lundi, juillet 31, 2006

Early Morning Delivery

Have I mentioned that I live in an apartment, on the third floor? And that there is no elevator? Most of the time I don't mind living in a walk-up, and it's not nearly as bad as some places I've been to in Paris or New York. I know people who have lived on fifth floor walk-ups! Fifth floor American, and fifth floor French, which is really sixth floor American. (if that's confusing, just ask, and I'll explain) Try lugging a giant suitcase up six flights of spiral stairs. So, ugh. I can't complain that much about my third floor walk-up.

However. However, the one thing I really don't like is having to cart groceries up the stairs. I actually like going to the grocery, though. My compromise to myself is that when I need lots of heavy things, like water and laundry soap and Coke and juice, I order my groceries online. Which is what I did yesterday, and they were delivered at 6:30 this morning.

Sadly, the one thing I hate hauling up the stairs more than anything else, the one thing that really makes me order online, the 2.5 gallon water bottle, broke in transit. So I didn't get that, and I'm totally out of water. We don't drink the tap water here in the District because it has lead in it. I did get a 12 pack of 8 ounce bottles, for a beach trip next weekend. So I do have those, and I guess I'll stop off tonight and buy some tall bottles of water at the bodega.

2 Comments:

At 8/01/2006 9:53 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Did you get your water replenished yet? I am always enamored that in NYC even the McDonald's delivers!

 
At 8/01/2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Alas, no. And the little bottles all had holes in the bottoms! I was looking in to water delivery services this morning, but as I'm just one person, I don't think I can use the amounts you have to order.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home