princess genevieve

mercredi, juillet 26, 2006

A Chance Encounter

Elizabeth wanted to see my neighborhood, so last night, after we finished teaching our knitting class, I took her on the metro, and we walked to the bar closest to my house. We got drinks, and sat down outside. After a few minutes, I looked up, and sitting at a table not too far away was someone I was completely not prepared to see. Someone I haven't seen since the spring. A zillion thoughts began racing through my head.

Why did I let my hair get this long? It looks terrible and messy! I can't believe she's here. Wait, why should I be surprised? She works right across the street. What if she comes over here? Wait, my hair's so long, she'll know I haven't been seeing someone else on the side.

She looks up and catches my eye. Smiles, and waves. I do the same, and turn to Elizabeth. "That's Anna," I say. "My hairdresser."

7 Comments:

At 7/26/2006 9:19 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

I haven't been to the hairdresser since last September (before I moved house) and I've never really committed to just one stylist. I play the field!

 
At 7/27/2006 11:42 AM, Blogger Molly said...

I'm with Paisley I haven't found a hair stylist that makes me want to be monogamous yet!

 
At 7/27/2006 1:48 PM, Blogger Amie said...

haha!! The first time I ever went to my hairdresser she mentioned seeing me in walmart. Apparently, my hair color caught her attention and she remembered seeing me.

Although she is my favorite, I do cheat LOL

 
At 7/27/2006 1:57 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I signed up for my first knitting class for next month.

 
At 7/27/2006 3:43 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Paisley, Molly, Amie, I am lazy! I have found a hairdresser I like, and it's too much work to go off and find someone new. Especially as the last time I had to find someone new, the first person I tried was TERRIBLE and I came home and cut the front off with kitchen scissors. And my hair is super straight - should be easy to cut!

Amy, yay! i hope you like it.

 
At 7/27/2006 3:44 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

ps - Amy, are you taking it at the cute knitting store near the burned-down hardware store in Petaluma? I forget the name... I went in there (made Dave come with me!) and I really liked it. It was big, nicely laid out, and they had good stuff. Also they were very friendly.

 
At 7/28/2006 10:11 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

HAHAHAHA!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home