princess genevieve

mercredi, août 16, 2006

Read this Book

You must read this book. It's the best book I've read all year, maybe longer. It's the story of a kid who lives in New York. The kid is dealing with the death of his dad on September 11. I started it on Saturday, on the beach, and the first pages had me laughing out loud. I finished it last night, on the train, and I was crying. It is a rare book that can make me laugh and cry in public.

If you have read Foer's other book, Everything is Illuminated, it's a similar style. And even though I loved that book as well, this one is better. So much better.

I don't want to say too much about the book, because part of what made me love it so much was not knowing what was going to happen. Just read it. And let me know how you like it!

6 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 11:54 AM, Blogger Amie said...

Okay, you twisted my arm

 
At 8/16/2006 12:42 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yay! I hope you like it.

 
At 8/16/2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Molly said...

I need a new book to read on my trip to Alabama, I think I will pick this one up and give it a try!

 
At 8/17/2006 10:24 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I thought it was pretty good, they both were. Definitely worth checking out.

 
At 8/22/2006 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Might have to check this one out. Being a New Yorker and being personally affected by 9/11- might have me bawling in the streets!

 
At 8/22/2006 3:15 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

You should try it, Jen - it's not going to traumatize you by making you relive the day. Since I was in Washington that day, I'm pretty sensitive to that as well, and I did not find this story TOO upsetting.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home