princess genevieve

mercredi, août 09, 2006

What Should I be for Halloween, or, Thank God for Spell Check


Last night, I was using a little tiny notebook that I've had for a bajillion years. Since probably about the first grade, honestly. Anyway, I use it now to keep a list of books I want to read, but apparently, I used to use it for my ideas about Halloween costumes.

You have to understand, I was nuts for Halloween. I loved dressing up. I would spend from oh, November 1, to about the following end of September/beginning of October deciding what I wanted to be. My poor mom... I feel like I used to tell her new ideas about once a week for the whole year.

The list pictured here is probably from either second or third grade. My ideas were fary prinsses (1), angle (2), prinsses laia (3), or Laura Ingalls Wilder (4). I'm quite sure that translates as fairy princess, angel, Princess Leia of Star Wars fame, and Laura Ingalls Wilder. And I ended up being Laura Ingalls Wilder, although I had to explain the costume to every person we saw whilst trick or treating that year.

And my spelling has greatly improved over the past 20 years, I'm proud to say.

4 Comments:

At 8/09/2006 2:21 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Good choice! I wish we could see a picture :D I can't believe you still have that notebook

 
At 8/09/2006 2:23 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I'll look & see if I can find a picture. I may have one. As for the notebook, I know. I am somewhat of a pack rat, although I'm trying to get better! tiny notebooks just live in a desk drawer, waiting for when they are needed.

 
At 8/10/2006 11:15 AM, Blogger Molly said...

That is awesome! I love finding stuff I wrote when I was a little kid, the spelling never ceases to crack me up (and the random ideas I had!)

 
At 8/10/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

the spelling! my god!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home