princess genevieve

jeudi, août 10, 2006

How I lost my camera, or, I met Ben Lee!


Yesterday, around 4:30, I got an assignment at work. My boss asked me when I was leaving, and I replied, "I have to leave at 5:15; I have concert tickets." He said, "Oh, are you going to see Dashboard? Me too!" Thus begins the adventure of last night's concert outing.

Ben Lee was opening for Say Anything and Dashboard Confessional. Now, I have never heard of Say Anything or Dashboard Confessional. But I'm always up for Ben Lee, so Erika, Rebeccah, and I decided to go. Ben's set was first, and as usual, he was great, but the venue was quite large, and it wasn't as intimate as other places we've seen him. Also, the set was super short (only about 6 songs).

After Ben played, he met people, took photos, and signed CDs, which he usually does after he plays. Erika and I were waiting in the line to meet him (Rebeccah doesn't like to meet people like that), and my camera got confiscated! Apparently, you weren't allowed to have them, but everyone else did. When I said that, the guard who took my camera said, "Well, everyone else didn't get caught!"

So, the above photo, of me, Ben Lee, and Erika, was taken by two very nice girls who were in front of us in line with my phone.

We left soon after that, and did not see Dashboard Confessional. My boss just asked me how I liked them, and I told him we left before they came on. He said they were great. Too bad - if I had not lost my camera and wanted to reclaim it as soon as possible, we might have stayed a bit longer.

4 Comments:

At 8/10/2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Molly said...

At least you had a backup with your camera on your cellphone. I hate when they are being sticklers about confiscating such items at concerts. Glad you had fun!

 
At 8/10/2006 11:24 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

It was totally ridiculous. I wouldn't have minded if they were taking everyone's, but they could clearly see like 20 flashes go off in the time I stood there and argued with her.

 
At 8/10/2006 8:56 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Nevermind about the camera... you met Ben Lee! And you still managed to get photographic proof. Woo Hoo!

 
At 8/10/2006 10:51 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Okay, I don't know who Ben Lee is, but my sis had a Dashboard Confessional song (Vindicated) playing on her MySpace which I loved.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home