princess genevieve

lundi, août 21, 2006

The Overscheduled Adult

Do you ever feel like there's too much going on? Last week, every single night was taken up by something. This week is more of the same. It means that I don't get the things done at home that I mean to do. It also means I'm tired. And sometimes cranky.

I think I've always been this busy. I remember being little, and having things everyday after school - French lessons twice a week, Girl Scouts, and piano lessons. Usually I like being busy. But sometimes I reach a breaking point, where I want to call everyone and cancel everything and just STAY HOME.

At least I have the Great American Road Trip (tm) to look forward to. 8 hours in a car for 3 days will give me plenty of unstructured, unscheduled time. Too bad it will be whilst rolling along the highway. At least I'll be able to get some reading in, finish knitting Green Gables and a birthday present, and maybe catch up on my Netflix.

And maybe, just maybe, when I get back? I'm going to schedule one or two nights a week to be at home, at least for September.

3 Comments:

At 8/21/2006 6:20 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I hear you. I'm an over-scheduler too. I guess the trick is to try not to take on too much. Easier said than done.

I'm still knitting! I finished a potholder, dishtowel and a bookmark. Now, I'm starting my first ribbed scarf. Slowly but surely!

 
At 8/23/2006 12:01 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

I deliberately avoid committing to anything because I loathe the feeling of being "overscheduled".

 
At 8/24/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger Molly said...

My schedule seems to go in phases. I have weeks where I don't have a moment to think and weeks where I don't have any scheduled activities. Both have their drawbacks...I'm sure there is a happy medium someplace!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home